Sorry for my long absence. Really, I am. A lot has been going on:
- I lost Talbot in late April. He was hit by a car, and I felt so bad about his death, that I really couldn’t write about it then.
- I went to the US Esperanto Congress in St. Louis and had a wonderful time, and made some new friends.
- I visited my Dad, and helped initiate him into the world of the Internet, the Mac and the iPhone. In turn, he gave me an iPhone, and taught me a bit about riding motorcycles.
- I’ve begun a new approach, (yes, again!) to my weight-loss goals. I’m using The Gabriel Method and I Can Make You Thin together, listening to both CDs daily. This is quite a bit different from any other approach I’ve tried, as the focus is on re-training appetite itself and getting the body to want to be thin, shifting the burden from the conscious mind to the subconscious. If you like, you can follow my progress on my reviews at Amazon.com.
- I haven’t actually been completely silent on the interWebs. I twitter. If you’d like to follow me, I’m frimmin on Twitter. (Big surprise, huh?) However, don’t expect very exciting tweets from me. I mostly use it as a public IM with friends.
- I’ve taken up geocaching. It’s cool that the information age is giving birth to some new hobbies that take you outdoors.
- After 3½ years of spiritually floundering, I’m discovering a renewed sense of purpose. More about that in my next post.
3 thoughts on “A few updates”
very sorry to hear about talbot. (do you want william? kidding… sorta.)
best wishes in the continued weight-loss battle.
will look forward to the next post. honestly, reading my blog aggregator is of zero importance to me (should thin it out i suppose), so please accept advance apologies if i’m a couple weeks late commenting.
what julie said… sorry about talbot. I am so glad I got to meet him.
what julie said… best wishes on weight control.
oh yeah… what julie said… I’m definitely looking forward to your next post.
psst… hey, julie… what else do you have to say? 🙂
So so glad you are back to the writing. You are a wonderful writer. I love your site. Going to add it to my new blog irishmysticstoryteller.blogspot.